Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Success!

Well my interview is over! It went really well, better than I had expected. The project is a very interesting one that will give me a chance to work with several other accomplished architects. The biggest draw for me on this project was the chance to work other architects. I thrive on the back and forth exchanges as ideas are ironed out. Some people take negative criticism harshly and I'm sure I have my days where I am over sensitive too. In general however I have never really had a problem with someone telling an idea was poor or that something wouldn't work. IF they provide and explanation or a reason. All too often I get feedback like, "that's impossible, its not going to work", but never real reason or better yet and alternate solutions. I relearned to tie a Windsor knot today with a little help. You have to love YouTube. Six or seven times of watching this guy do it and I was alright. I could do without the initial diagram and walk through however. It goes too fast and its not entirely clear from the pictures.

No comments: