Monday, January 5, 2009

Asus Laptop Update

I have an update on my laptop that I am having repaired. Today I sent it out with the information provided by ASUS for shipping. I read through and followed all the directions. The destination is actually in my state so the turn around time might not be very long at all. Attached is a copy of the letter that I enclosed with the laptop for the technicians. I am still in good spirits with high hopes! To Whom It May Concern: The following is a list of the three reasons for which I am sending this system into support: The bottom left corner of the LCD screen does not meet up correctly with the Laptop at the point of the hinge. When the laptop is open even the slightest movements will cause the location around the hinge to squeak. You can visibly see a difference at the hinge when the screen is opened or closed when compared to the right side. Because the microphone is in the LCD screen, the noise interferes with its use. The laptop will frequently shut down while being used or completely and instantly power off. My first assumption was software so I restored from the provided backup. Shortly after the restore I still noticed the same problem. From observations I believe the issue may be due to heat. I have noticed when it is cooler the "power off's" seem a little less frequent but still persistent. I thought perhaps it was only when the machine, particularly the video card, was under a heavy load. However I have had the machine "Power Off" moments after a fresh restart with only a single browser window open at the time. Sometimes when a USB device is plugged in or remains plugged in it will cause the system to error and shut down. When this occurs there is a message regarding USB Power loss and a recommendation to change the settings. I have noticed the the USB ports are somewhat loose, particularly on the right side. I have not wanted to "experiment" with the USB port for fear of damaging the system. This machine is one of two identical machines from the same order. To date the other machine does not exhibit these symptoms. I am still pleased with system and ASUS, and I would like to thank you for you time and help. I hope these issues can be fixed. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me via email at xxxx.yyy@zzz.com or by phone at ###.###.####. Thanks,

No comments: