Sunday, January 4, 2009

I was a little lazy the first part of today. In the afternoon Randi and I played Tetris party on the Wii for a while. I am happy to report though that later in the afternoon I put myself towards the task of accomplishing a goal. I need to finish my work on the basement. So far the majority of it is framed and even wired electrically. The process requires two inspections, one pre-drywall and one post-drywall. The only thing really keeping me from getting my pre-drywall inspection was a couple of small wall sections I had yet to complete. All total I knew it was only a few hours of work but its gone undone for so long. I could tell Randi didn't really want to help and I was very tempted to put the task off myself. I remembered something I said before in my resolutions. Ultimately the responsibility is mine, getting help is fine but allowing them to become your own excuse is too convenient. In the end I only really need an extra person when I set the walls in place. The reason being is that I use a plumb-bob to mark my lines on the floor to ensure the walls are put in and standing from top to bottom. It takes one person to hold the tool and another to mark the ground. So I decided to do everything that I could up to the point in which I would need to involve another person. I was able to finish 3 wall sections and I am now ready to buy some doors. I will need the doors in order to finish a couple more small wall sections so that I will know the correct length. I am going to get the basement finished this year! My secret hope is to have it finished by the first quarter of the year, but my more realistic deadline is by June. I'll post some pictures of the basement later. With that task out the way I'm going to spend a little time working on the site for AMI before heading off to be lazy again for a while before bed.

No comments: