Friday, January 9, 2009

IPod Touch Google Contact Sync Bug

I thought I would post this in the hopes of saving others some of the leg work I went through trying to figure why I couldn't seem sync my IPod Touch with my Google Contacts. All of the other options would work just fine except for Google. After confirming that my friends could sync their Google contacts without problem and searching the Internet for anyone having similar issues I set out on trying to figure out what was different. To fix this issue verify that none of your Google contacts have a Skype Instant messenger entry saved. If ANY contact has Skype Information under the Instant Messenger section then NOTHING will sync at all. I have confirmed this with other IPod owners and Gmail accounts. Adding Skype Information at this time will keep you from synchronizing or prevent you from synchronizing again if you already have. I have submitted a bug but until its resolved if you see a fellow frustrated IPod owner you might pass this along!

No comments: