Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas 2008

So, another x-mas come and gone. The trend seems to be a traditional "lewt" listing so I'll follow the herd... somewhat.
Ipod Touch
My wife got me this, and let me just say it was completely unexpected. Oh I had yammered on about one some months ago, but I didn't really think I would get one as it was a little outside our preset x-mas budget this year. I guess the receipt for it had been right under my nose for day but I just never noticed. The gift is awesome and the surprise was fantastic.
Fleece Blanket
Quesdilla Make
Clothes, etc
My mother got us this really neat, very soft, king sized fleece blanket for our bed. When you first see it its all folded up and held together with a strap, and from the look it wouldn't appear to cover a king sized bed. When I unfolded it however it was voluminous. Rather slyly my mother had also tucked some money into the blanket which rained down as I opened it.
At first glance you might not think a Quesdilla Maker is anything that spiffy, but I think it really neat. It so happens I am a big fan of Quesdillas and I am really hoping I will be able to use this to replicate some of the restaurant items I like.
Clothes are somewhat a dangerous item to buy for me as of late. My weight has fluctuated greatly over the year. Even after it reached equilibrium I seemed to slowly loose inches. To give you an idea I have gone from XL shirts to small and my waist has gone from 38 to 28. In any case the clothes seem to fit and they are my style so I was very happy.
Cordless Drill
Tools
My father and stepmother got us a DeWalt Cordless Drill and an assortment of tools. My last cordless drill somehow got a bit stuck in the end of it, and in an attempt to remove it Dad kind of disassembled it into the great beyond. I think he felt kind of bad, though it wasn't a big deal. The drill and tools will be great as I am working on a few projects here at home including finishing my basement.
Picture
Money
My wife's parents got us a set of pictures of them in a very nice frame and some money. The picture is really nice as we do not currently have one hanging of them.
Crucifix
My brother in law got us a very nice wooden crucifix from Israel.
Looking back it seems like a lot of money was spent on us this year. Sometimes I feel a little bad however as I know I didn't spend as much on everyone else. Its not that I'm stingy or anything, we just really didn't have it to spend. Were not destitute or anything we just know our limits.

No comments: