Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I had a pretty full day the first part of yesterday. My energy level really tapered off however in the last part of the afternoon. I had just finished up with a client interview and I was heading home when I just felt so drained. I attribute it to not getting very much sleep the night previous. To be honest I didn't do anything at all with the rest of my day yesterday. I sat on the couch with my wife and watched House and Lie to me. It's funny how simple physical contact makes even the most trivial of activities seem that much more significant. In the back of my mind I worried somewhat that my lack of energy and not doing anything last night signified a crash and consequently a pause in my momentum. I want to tell myself relaxing or taking a break now and then is fine. The problem is the easiest lies to tell are the ones we tell ourselves. The justifications we make for are actions can be nothing more than a finely crafted excuse that we want to believe. For now I don't see yesterday as a negative, I need to be less "All or Nothing" about things and taking a break now and then might help things from crossing the line of dedication into obsession. I felt tired and sapped today even though I got plenty of sleep. I seem to be picking up steam as the day progresses however so I will withhold judgment until the entire day unfolds.

No comments: