Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Zoom zoom....

Take your average busy work day and record it, then come home and watch it in fast forward. That is how I feel most days. That is not to say that I necessarily feel overly busy every day, I just literally feel as though everything is just happening extremely fast. Footsteps seem closer to that fast paced awkward stumble you see while fast forwarding through commercials. Conversations feel hurried with all the appropriate excited hand movements. I feel very energetic most days but not in a giddy, jumping around, "can't sit still" way. Its more of "charged" feeling. My thoughts are quickened and I am hyper-aware. I am plagued by the constant sensation I should be doing "something" with this energy and the longer I don't the strong the feeling becomes. Its interesting to me that I feel as though I already know what that "something" is and I've just forgotten, because it eliminates any outside dependency. The idea that I already know prevents me from hiding behind the excuse, "awaiting direction". As I have mentioned in other posts my sleep as of late as been erratic. Even when I am physically tired it seems that until I mentally run out of energy I am unable to retire.

1 comment:

Randi T. said...

Have you tried any yoga or different relaxation techniques?

Working out before bed usually relaxes me quite a bit, but I know for others it has the opposite effect