Sunday, November 30, 2008

Ho Ho Oh

So the holidays are back. In years past I have been rather bah humbug about the whole event, but this year I resolved be more in spirit. I think its partially because despite current events I feel more Christmas-y this year. I will admit I have no idea what to get my wife though. Well that's not entirely true, I have ideas but nothing that really "wows" me. The holiday season seems to be exacting a price for my good spirits. An abundance of food is a hallmark of this time of year and indulgence is an unwritten rite of passage. While I'm not really putting on weight I have been feeling worse. As I've gotten older my stomach and associated organs have become decidedly less tolerant. The list of foods that don't bring me pysical pain after consumption seems to be shrinking steadily. Greasy foods have been out for a while but now I am suspecting dairy might also be a culprit. It doesn't seem right to me though I can just never ever eat certain foods again without enduring painful consequences. In light of recent events I'm going to keep a food journal in an effort to figure out what I am eating and how it correlates to my symptoms. I am fast approaching the point where if the doctor told me he could remove something (like my gual bladder) and I would be able to eat a piece of sausage again, I'd say to hell with it and just have it removed. I hate hospitals but darn it I want to be able to eat normal things again.

No comments: