Friday, November 14, 2008

Lies tell me lies

Everyone lies. I am not so naive to believe that even I am above this most basic of human traits. I will say that I try very hard not to lie to myself. I have always been of the opinion that people who can successfully lie to themselves are the most dangerous. I don't believe that most people set out to do evil things, but I do believe that people are capable of evil things. I would conjecture that good people that do evil things often do so because they have successfully lied to themselves. All that aside though I expect a certain amount of lying from everyone. There are a breed of people however that just seem to get under my skin in general. The perpetual liar. People who's drive to lie seems to be so over stimulated that it bleeds into every word that tumbles past their lips. I have a number of theories as to why, but none of them seem to detract from my irritation. Sometimes I wonder though why it seems that the perpetual liar never seems to get better at it. "Practice makes perfect", doesn't seem to apply in this case as most of the lies are as transparent as a 5 year olds version of "how the lamp got broken". Its odd in a way really in that listening to it actually makes me tired. Not sleepy mind you but it seems like a single sentence from this type of person just weighs on me from the moment its heard. I find myself irritable not so much at being lied to but at the feeling it invokes. In any case I've said my piece on the matter. I just wish it helped me to get over it.

No comments: