Thursday, May 27, 2010

Yesterday after work I stopped by the Home Depot near me and picked up some things I have been meaning to get.  I was looking for something to make a stage for my wife's photo studio when I came across some interlocking pieces of particle board.  After some ideas on her part it looks like they may work nicely.

I spent most of the evening painting one of the doors in the basement.  I had planned to get more done but I failed to realized just what a pain painting a door really is.  I plan on doing the second coat tonight while hoping my previous experience will expedite the task a little.  Sometime while I was painting the door my mood finally shifted and felt tired.  The childish voice in my head was actively trying to rationalize taking a break to play a game.  I had to smile at the argument that I need to take some time for myself to have a little fun now and then.  I think I have the whole "taking some me time" covered pretty well, but it was a nice try.

Later on in the evening a chat with my neighbor proved a long enough distraction to derail any other plans for work that night.  The conversation actually proved to be a nice segue into something more relaxing before bed.  My wife decided it was too late for a movie so we played Mario Galaxy 2 instead.  I had a feeling I wouldn't be able to sleep for some reason and I took a sleep aid.  I must say whenever I take a Unisom my dreams are so vivid and interesting.  I suppose nothing comes without consequence though and I was especially slow to get up this morning for work.

No comments: