Tuesday, August 3, 2010

To blog or not to blog

Sometimes its hard to actually blog about whats going on in your life.  The problem centers around the lack of anonymity mostly.  If your blog is actually associated with you it can make posting about things like work, friends, and family a very precarious situation.  I find myself choosing my words carefully or simply not saying anything at all in some situations just in case my words should come back to haunt me.  The old warning to watch what you say would be better put as watch what you express.

I have known people who take the stance that their blog is their own and that any liberties they might take in expressing their feelings are well within their rights.  Perhaps in a perfect world.  The fact is that while you are free to express yourself there is nothing granting you indemnity for your reactions.  Only a fool or an ass believes they are beyond reproach.  Anonymity is expressions true friend, for it is only when we are free from consequence that we express are true feelings.

No comments: