Monday, March 1, 2010

What a day, or week. Oh who am I kidding, what a month! It's not that things have been hectic. Quite the contrary actually. I think the problem is me. I feel "out of sorts" again. My sleep patterns are off again. My wife has drawn the correlation between my sleeping habits and the time I spend playing Star Trek Online (STO). I will not deny that there is a connection, however I really feel that she has the relationship reversed. My sleep has been off since before I was playing Star Trek Online and of the time I spend awake at night I don't spend nearly as much playing as she thinks.
Honestly if you subtract the game from the equation something else would just take its place. It's in the quiet hours of the night that my mind seems to be the most restless. Without distraction my mind just seems to wander aimlessly from subject to subject. Think of it like dreaming when you are awake. It doesn't sound so bad but the caveat is that it makes it incredibly hard to sleep. My brain just won't shut down. Many times the whole situation makes me chuckle. The harder I try not to think about anything, the more my mind jumps from subject to subject. Apparently thought is the arch nemesis of sleep.
Perhaps its my sleeping habits that are making everything else seem so blah during the day. I'm not tired in a way that I could sleep but I am for lack of a better word "thin" or "spent". My wife has suggested before that they weather plays a part and I believe her. It seems the gloomy days are affecting more than just myself. I'm not depressed myself but I can feel it in the air. The best thing about the low points is they signal high points in the future.

No comments: