Thursday, June 25, 2009

Distracted

Well I'm feeling someone better but I am still somewhat distracted in general. Lately I've been plagued by the urge to draw something, which is comically odd considering I have little to no talent for it. I have always had issues with the way I see things. As a child I could draw anything as long as it had distinct lines. Art classes always want you to draw objects are people but I could never see the real "boundaries" enough on an apple to draw it. I think a mixture of sun and sugar is at least partially to blame for my recent lack of focus. My whole life I feel like a laser without a lens to focus the light. Whenever I try to get a handle on all the stuff I need or want to do it seems to get overwhelming pretty fast. The list continues to grow in part because I have a hard time finishing things. You need to someone to start something and get the ball rolling, I'm your man. If you need someone to bring it on home... not so much. Overall lately I would say I have been more apathetic than anything. Not because I have no feelings, but I have so many at once that none are expressed. Maybe my urge draw is being driven by my need to express something. I have been fascinated lately with beautiful things. I'm sure time will set things right again as it always does. Until then I'll cut down on my cookie intake.

1 comment:

Randi T. said...

Good deal. Try for sugar in general and not just cookies. Lifting weights again might also help.

I personally can attest to your lack of focus. You wear me out.