Saturday, June 26, 2010

Weekend Diving

It's about 12:30am as I write this in a tent next to my friend who is currently snoring in what appears be an effort to scare away any possible predators. Truth be told I don't know whether I could sleep anyway. I probably should be tired given my activity today but i'm just not. This weekend I am camping / diving with my friend and my brother in law. It was about a 5 hour drive and the tempature was over 100 for most of the day. I am not typically very fond of being hot and it usually causes me to be frustrated and short. My friend and brother in law are both considerably larger than me by comparison. As such I know if i'm uncomfortable they must be miserable. It was 104f when we arrived and my brother in law wanted to wait a while before trying to suit up for a dive. This was understandable, the water is cold enough below the thermalcline to require a drysuit or a 7 mm wetsuit. Either of which would cook you pretty quickly if you weren't quick to get into the water. While I understood the wisdom in postponing the dive I was baffled when instead my brother in law decided it would be a good time to assemble a three room tent in the sun. To make matters worse it seemed like everyone wanted manage and no one wanted to read the directions. I could tell things were turning chaos and I decided to do something out of character for me. I took charge. I read the directions and started piecing the tent together whilr they argued. I can honestly say I wasn't mad, just frustrated with the lack of progress. On a side note as I began writing this entry an alarm of some kind began to sound in the distance.

No comments: